- examine key principles and purposes for effective assessments
- explore various formative assessments and applications/adaptations for use in your own work setting
- apply guidelines and tools for crafting specific formative assessments
- develop skills in leading and participating in data-driven conversations
- understand and apply a three-phase model for guiding data-driven dialogue
Instructor Barbara Lawson has served as a Director of Professional Development, designed and implemented mentor and coach programs and trains principals and teachers internationally. She has presented nationally on topics such as "Supporting New Teachers" and "Learning-Focused Relationships." She currently is working on a book on "Coaching, Collaborating and Consulting". Barbara is an international trainer for Cognitive Coaching© and Miravia's Mentoring Matters.
Text: Data-Driven Dialogue: A Facilitator's Guide to Collaborative Inquiry by Laura Lipton and Bruce Wellman (provided with course fee)
This course is co-sponsored by ESD 105 and Heritage University. The cost is $49, which covers instructor fee, lunches and text and other materials. Contact Karen Estes at CSTP:
Karen@cstp-wa.org call 253-752-2082 to obtain a registration form.
Registration and payment due in the CSTP office by June 9th.